Sunday, June 29, 2008

One Night

I sit and stare at the drink before me, as I contemplate the ice I hear my name, calling me back to the present, it is spoken so gently, echoes of things yet unsaid are in that one word.


I look at him, I am here with him, a friend, yet I know him not.
We talk of everything and nothing, the sounds of the room around us fade, just mutterings in the distance, like a far off highway. We share our thoughts, our hearts, our souls.


We seek a quieter corner, to unwind and pass the time, I look at him with wonder, he looks at me with longing. I sense what is coming and am unsure but filled with anticipation.


He leaves me for a time, I rest, I find amusement in the colors and sounds of the others around me, I stand relaxed against the wall, just waiting, enjoying.


Then he is before me, his left hand on the wall beside my head, his right hand reaching for me, I give one small twitch of hesitation and then give in, I allow the touch.
His right hand roams my side, from ribs to thigh he explores, his touch is knowing.
The left hand stays on the wall, keeping me sheltered from the others, keeping me all to himself. His head leans near, I am lost in his eyes for a moment then closer still he is, a few words whispered, a kiss, soft as falling snow on my neck, he pulls back and I see everything I knew I would in those eyes.


Time flips, the room flips, I am filled with longing for this man before me, I press him to the wall, using none of the restraint he showed. My hands in his hair, my body pressed close to his, I feel his excitement. My kisses enough to steal the breath from his lungs, the life from his soul, I don’t think he minds. We breath, we kiss, we forget ourselves, we forget the world, there is only us in this moment.


We share a night, we share so much more, we are one and yet we are two.
We wait with longing for our chance and we ache with knowing it is there for us, tomorrow, yesterday and forever.

No comments: