Tuesday, July 1, 2008

movie(s)!

I saw Wall-E today!! *bounces* it was great, I love Pixars works and this movie was no exception. Good animation, good story line, endearing characters, the whole enchilada. Oh and the short before it(and what Pixar is complete without a short) was awesome, sometimes I think I like the shorts better than the movies.
I had heard things about the message this movie puts across, that overweight people have taken offense to it for the way the humans race is depicted, lazy, fat, constantly chatting[as in online chatting] never lifting a finger if they can help it, and I have to say I agree with the film makers vision, we are a society prone to slothfulness, we consistently take the easy way out of things. Sure some cultures value work more than others, sure some societies are more motivated than others but on a whole..our race is growing heavier, lazier and just plain more lax....at least that's what I see.
One of the best parts of going to see a movie in the theater(for me) is watching the trailers for upcoming movies, I don't watch much tv and I don't follow entertainment news so that's how I find what;s coming next. There were two great trailers, problem is I can't for the life of me remember what they were named, I know the plot(and even some of the voice actors names) but I can't remember the movie names, do you know how HARD it is to search for info on movies you don't know the names to? *girr*
One move was about a mouse, and he's not normal I.E. he won't cower, isn't afraid of cats or knives and insists on talking to humans, it's based on a children's book apparently..I've never heard of it because A. I have no children and B. I was a child so long ago current children's fiction for me was Skuffy The Tug Boat, I think the name was like Despero? or Percival? Or..something fancy.
The other movie was about a dog(voiced by..John Travolta), he's a actor in a T.V. show with a girl(voiced by Mylee Cyrus) in the plot of the show the girl gets kidnapped, the dog takes it seriously and sets off to "rescue" her, problem is he's just an actor..only he doesn't know it, reality slaps him in the face(and elsewhere too) as soon as he's off the studio lot. I swear it was called Blaze but danged if I can find it...
Although fair warning, one of the trailers before it(at least for me) was for a movie that will make you dumb, I felt my brain shrink just by being in the theater while the trailer was playing.
If anybody has seen Wall-E and can remember either of the movies I'm wracking my brain for the names to, please enlighten me...

*edit*
All Hail Dante! (from EFX) the Mouse movie is Despereaux! and the Dog flick is called Bolt.

No comments: