Wednesday, July 16, 2008

horsie news

A friend for back in Michigan has a pony she isn't using, I asked if I could have her jokingly...only Anna really does want Star pony to have a good home where she will be used. The best part being that Star has evented before, she has plenty of english showing experience, we are not going to find a pony of that caliber out here in western land.

My student wants her own horse but her family isn't in the position to buy one right now, neither can I let them take Nysa pony, after all I have to have a horse to show on.

My friends Pony is out of shape and needs a tune up, no problem, I''ll get her going before I turn her over to Hannah, problem is I'm only allowed three horses here on base so here is the plan.

Hannah takes Nysa pony to a stable down by her house, leaving me free to take in Star pony, get her in shape and get Hannah used to riding her.
I'll ride Star at the next show in Fargo in Sept. giving Hannah part of her lessons on Star and Part of her lessons on Nysa.
Once Star is in shape, and Hannah is confident riding her we swap the ponies back, then I've got my pony, Hannah has "her" pony, and life is good.
However I'm aware that things might not work out, but I decided as long as I have a pony to ride, I'm good. If Hannah and Star aren't a match I'll just keep Star, they will kepp Nysa until Hannah out grows her, and both of us will keep riding and showing.

The only problem with this plan is Star pony is in the eatern UP, and also the requirements for bringing a horse on base have to be met before we can go get her, and actually Anna is going to meet me part way with Star but we can't set up a meeting until Star has all her vet stuff..but the vet stuff is only good for a short amount of time(a month) so after Anna gets Star all vetted we have to set up the meeting, set up the base stuff, and bring her here.
This is one annoying, confusing process...

No comments: